for those of you who had an extra long weekend – I hope you are back to your work week feeling rested + motivated today!
today’s recipe is a really easy-peasy and packs some serious flavour + it can be enjoyed as an addition to almost meal or snack.
so here is a vegan roasted apple + pumpkin butter (YUM) that I found courtesy of this website.
the recipe made a lot more than this little mason jar, so don’t be fooled.
- three apples (preferably organic)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (OR as much as you like, I love cinnamon!)
- set oven to 400 degrees.
- halve + core your apples. place on a baking sheet and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender (or food processor).
I enjoyed mine several different ways…..
- with some sprouted grain bread, toasted
- mixed in with some oatmeal
- added to a smoothie
- dipped some fruit + crackers (my fav – Mary’s Organics)
- ate it on it’s own for a snack with some chia seeds
there is clearly no shortage of ways to enjoy this tasty treat!