I hope that you are having a fabulous week so far friends. I must admit that I have come down with a cold that is kicking my behind today. I could feel it coming on over the last 24 hours. truthfully, I rarely get sick and I attribute that to eating lots of healthy eats and living an active lifestyle. there is no time to feel sick when caring for a wee one. I thought I would share a few healthy ways I am trying to get back on track...
- Vitamin C - this is a necessary immune booster and I am trying to get mine through food as well as with an additional supplement.
- Pump the probiotics - I take a high quality probiotic supplement in the AM + PM every day. did you know that about 80% of your immune system is in your digestive system? we need a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria to stay healthy + vibrant.
- Gargle with warm water + lots of himalayan sea salt - I do this as many times as I can throughout the day to try to alleviate the throat discomfort. this is something my mama always had me do as a kid, and I find it really helps.
- Green juice/smoothies - I don't have a blender just yet in the new place so I made this green juice today. raw enzymes, vitamins + minerals to help my bod kick this bug.
- Drink lots + lots of water! enough said.
- Herbal tea + warm water with juice of a lemon - warm beverages in addition to the medicinal properties just feel good when you have a sore throat and throbbing head.
- Garlic - I am trying to add this to our meals as much as possible as it acts like an antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial. die virus, die!
- Vitamin L - think happy thoughts + sneak lots of cuddles from sloane and the hubs. vitamin L goes a long way.
- Lather, rinse + repeat - I have been especially mindful of washing my hands frequently throughout the day between feeds and diaper changes in general, but I am really making sure to wash a lot to avoid spreading this to the wee one.
- Sleep - rest is essential, not only for my throbbing head but to allow the bod to heal. I am sneaking naps when Sloane does today :)
- Healthy food - I hope that this is common sense. but I especially avoid things like sugar that suppresses our immune system. choose whole foods. lots of greens, whole grains, quality protein + good fats.
Apple + pear + cucumber + celery + lemon + lime + ginger juicy goodness
I pulled this post from the blog vault. it includes a few other healthy reminders of how to kick your immune system into high gear.
My goal is to use food as my pharmacy and most importantly as prevention for all illness and disease. I'm sure a wee bit of stress pre-move to Germany, the flight and adjusting to life in a new country have something to do with me coming down with this cold + throbbing head + sore throat....
Cheers to great health + getting rid of these sniffles :)