It is a gorgeous, sunny and fairly mild day in Syracuse.
It's hard to believe that christmas is just around the corner. Truthfully, I'm not complaining!
Today I started my day with a large glass of water with lemon, an apple dipped in almond butter then made my way to a zuuuuumba class.
It has been awhile since I did one, but it was great!
Then I stopped here....
Om boys is this great juice and smoothie bar in Liverpool, that is just outside of Syracuse.
You can check out their Facebook page here.
They offer a wide variety of fresh juices, smoothies, as well as lunch options like salads, nori rolls and a variety of rice bowls. I also had my eye on some raw chocolate macaroons they had on display which I deemed slightly inappropriate following a workout.... but they looked amazing!
I didn't have (or make...) time to prep my own smoothie this morning so this is what I picked up, and OMG it was amazing!
This was one of their green smoothies that had purple kale, avocado, dates and banana in it. I'm also pretty sure the gentleman working there said he added some aloe vera gel as well. Whatever it was, it was amazing!
I also wanted to share my sea salt + vinegar kale chips that I made.
They turned out great!
Without a doubt, salt and vinegar chips are my favourite cheat food. But the kale chip version is a much better way to enjoy the salty and crunch factor but with some added nutrition.
- 3 cups of kale
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Wash, de-stem and dry your kale leaves. It is important to dry them really well to avoid soggy or burned kale chips.
- On a large bowl, massage 1-2 Tbsp of EVOO, sea salt and apple cider vinegar into your kale leaves. The amount of EVOO just needs to coat the kale.
- Spread the kale onto a baking pan and season with a bit more sea salt and sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy but make sure to keep an eye and pull them out before they turn brown.
- Let cool + enjoy.
Skip the expensive bought versions and make your own!