For all of you who celebrated Victoria Day in Canada-Land I hope you had a great long weekend.
I woke up this morning a little tired and sore - thanks to a day of landscaping yesterday but it was certainly worth it. The weather in southwestern ontario was just gorgeous all weekend! My husband and I are so excited to be hosting a wedding on our property next weekend for my sister-in-law her fiancé. We celebrated her bachelorette party this past weekend and yesterday it was all hands on deck to get our place looking fab for the big day this Saturday.
Let me just say, gardening is a little more difficult and exhausting when 34 weeks pregnant. It was certainly great exercise and movement and it felt so great to be outside in the fresh air, soaking up the sunshine with some wonderful family as we got our hands dirty.
Last night we stopped by a family function at my amazing grandparents place for a BBQ, banana split sundae's (which includes my grandma's homemade carmel sauce....YUM!), a bon fire and fireworks.
Enough blabbing about the weekend, Here is a salad you might want to try if you are looking to add a little health into your meals this week.
You know how much I love quinoa and it's amazing versatility. So here is just another quinoa recipe inspiration.
- Quinoa (amount depending on what size of batch you are looking to make. I used a mixture of red and white quinoa)
- Red bell pepper
- Large handful kale
- Large handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Juice of a lemon
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Soak quinoa overnight. Rinse in the AM and then cook. Set aside to let cool.
- Wash and cut celery, carrots, red pepper, kale, and garlic.
- Once quinoa is cooled add all your veggies to the quinoa.
- Add raisins, EVOO, juice of a lemon, parsley, sea salt + pepper.
- Let cool in fridge for 1-2 hours and serve.
Wishing you a wonderful day!