It is D.Day friends!
AKA my due date and there isn't much to report at this point.
I realize that most first time moms will go over their due date but I'm still holding out hope that perhaps there just might be some action today.
This is the view at 40 weeks.
Holy baby bump.
At this point I am feeling really well rested, have lots of energy/anticipation and a heart full of love for this child already!
C'mon baby we are ready to meet you!
Okay now for a little salad inspiration....
I am convinced that when using whole foods ingredients simplicity reigns king. I can't seem to get enough of hearty salads lately and this wonderful salad rocked my world. I hope you will give it a try or at the very least, use it as inspiration in your own kitchen.
- Sweet potato
- Handful of arugula
- Tomato (I used yellow)
- Red bell pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- Handful of parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil, sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Option: salad dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash + slice sweet potatoes. assemble on a baking sheet. drizzle with coconut oil and sea salt. bake for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Wash + chop your cucumber, bell pepper + tomato into bite size chunks. combine in a small bowl.
- Add a bit of extra virgin olive oil, hemp seeds, rough chopped parsley, chickpeas, sea salt + black pepper to the Bowl and mix well. top with chunks of avocado.
- Assemble plate by adding arugula + sweet potato when cooked.
As always this can be prepped in advance and brought with you to work as a fantastic healthy lunch option.
Have a wonderful day!