I feel as though summer festivities are in full swing, which is so much fun!
This past weekend the husband and I attended a surprise wedding shower for my brother-in-law and his soon-to-be-wife. This was the first official BBQ party that we have been to and it was so nice to enjoy the fabulous weather with some great company!
My contribution to the amazing feast that we all enjoyed was a kiwi mango salsa with a side of nachos.
How can you not fall in love with the gorgeous colours! I thought this would be a nice refreshing appetizer for the warmer weather and it seemed to go over well.
- 3 ripe kiwis
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 tomatoes
- Yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- Handful of cilantro
- Wash (if necessary) and chop your kiwi, mango, tomato, bell pepper, and red onion into small pieces. add to a medium size bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add to the mixture.
- Chop your jalapeños lengthwise + remove the seeds. then chop into small pieces. add to mixture.
- Juice the two limes + rough chop the cilantro. add to the mixture.
- Stir + combine well. add a bit of sea salt + pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve it.
Look how darn pretty this salsa fiesta is!
As much as I love food and cooking it can still be daunting when you are asked to bring a dish to a get together.
This is another reason why I love pinterest so much! There are so many great idea's for not only recipes but presentation - check these out.
Just a little healthy inspiration for your next partay!